How to use a semi-automatic washing machine?
How much does the "semi" change its function? Let's find out.
Semi-automatic washing machines provide a great introductory option that bridges the gap between hand washing and fully-automatic machines. Due to their comparatively low price, these machines are relatively more popular. Unlike their fully automatic counterparts, semi-automatic washing machines require a few additional human interventions during the whole washing and drying process. Just like any other machine, there are certain things to know and learn to use these machines comfortably.
There are broadly two kinds of semi-automatic washing machines depending upon where the washing and drying are done. The first one is a ‘Single Tub’ and the second is ‘Twin Tub’. A single tub is designed to do both washing and drying in one tub. Whereas in the case of a twin tub, you need to manually shift the washed clothes to a separate tub made for drying known as a drying tub.
A simple guide to washing your clothes in a semi-automatic washing machine can provide you with all the necessary information to handle and operate these machines well.
1. Connect your washing machine to an electric outlet near a sink or a faucet.
2. Now connect the wider end of the filling hose to a tap or a faucet. Connect the narrower end to the water inlet to the top of the machine if it isn't already connected.
3. There is another hose at the bottom of the machine. Take that and secure it properly with the given hook at the edge of the sink such that the opening is aimed at the drainage hole of the sink. In case you don't have a sink nearby then you can use a bucket as well.
4. Turn on the tap and let the wash tub be filled 2/3rd of the capacity. Check the user manual too. In any case, follow what is recommended by the manufacturer in their manuals.
5. Add detergent and other boosters in the water accordingly, in consideration of the type of clothes and recommended dose by the detergent brand.
6. Close the lid and agitate the water so that foaming can begin. Start the machine by turning the dial to wash. Let it run for 20-30 seconds and turn off the machine.
7. Now open the lid once again and dump the dirty clothes in the foaming water.
8. Turn the wash timer dial and select an appropriate amount of time according to the load and the amount of dirt on them. Generally, you would find a timer of between 0-15 minutes of regular wash, and 15-40 minutes of soaking combined with intermittent washing.
9. Now select the washing intensity. It may be mentioned as Gentle, Normal, String etc.
10. Make sure the machine setting is on 'Wash'.
11. Close the lid and let it wash the clothes for the specified time.
12. Once the washing is complete, if it is a twin tub, you may be required to transfer the clothes to the drying tub/spin tub.
13. At this point you should turn the machine dial to 'Drain' so that the dirty leftover water can get drained out of the washing through the draining hose.
14. Select the drying cycle. Mostly, there is a dial between 0-10 minutes. Run the tap again for two minutes of the drying cycle to rinse the freshly washed clothes to get rid of any extra foam or detergent.
15. You can do multiple dry cycles to get the desired result or you can hang dry them after one cycle is complete.
In the case of a single tub, the drying happens in the same tub, you just need to select the drying cycle time. The water gets drained out from the small holes present in the tub wall. It is a fairly simple process. This basic information will help you to operate a semi-automatic washing machine.
Disclaimer: This post as well as the layout and design on this website are protected under Indian intellectual property laws, including the Copyright Act, 1957 and the Trade Marks Act, 1999 and is the property of Infiniti Retail Limited (Croma). Using, copying (in full or in part), adapting or altering this post or any other material from Croma’s website is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Croma. For permission to use the content on the Croma’s website, please connect on firstname.lastname@example.org