How to set up your new iPhone 14?
Get ready to use your shiny new iPhone
Buying a new iPhone is most definitely an exciting thing. Over the years, every new iPhone launch is celebrated as a special day. So, you’re one of the select few who has got their hands on a shiny new iPhone 14. So, what’s next you ask? Setting it up of course. Read on to know everything about setting up the iPhone 14 or any other iPhone for that matter.
How to set up an iPhone if you are already using an iPhone
Existing iPhone users can use the ‘Quick Start’ feature for the setup process, but for it to work, your older iPhone needs to be running iOS 11 or later. Make sure both the devices have enough battery as transferring data might take a while if you have too much data. It is recommended that you keep both iPhones connected to a power source during the setup process.
1. Press on the side/power button till you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
2. Swipe up from the bottom and you would be asked to select “Language and Region”. Select these according to your preferences.
3. Keep your older device nearby and turn on Bluetooth on it.
4. On your new iPhone, a screen will appear namely "Quick Start".
5. Once you bring your older iPhone close to the new one, a pop-up will appear on your older iPhone; "Set Up New iPhone".
6. Click continue and it will ask you to scan/hold the older iPhone up to the new one and scan the image on it. It will then pair both devices.
7. Once it is done, it will say "Finish on New iPhone" on your older device while it will say "Setting up your iPhone" on the new one.
8. Keep both devices close by. Depending on your phone and internet connectivity, it will take its time.
9. On the new iPhone, you’ll be asked to set up Face ID. Just follow the on-screen prompts.
10. After that, it will ask you to create a passcode. By default, it will give you a 6-digit option, but you can change it to a 4-digit, alphanumeric as well as a custom passcode.
11. Right after this, it will give you a prompt to transfer data from your older iPhone, click continue to transfer data from your older device.
12. After agreeing to the terms and conditions, it will show you what will be transferred from your older phone. It will just be your Apps and Data and Settings. Click continue.
13. It will then ask permission to set up iMessage and FaceTime. Click continue or you can do it later as well.
14. Siri options will appear next. Select voices and other settings related to voice assistant according to your preference. It will also ask permission for iPhone Analytics as well. You can choose to give permission or not.
15. It will then start transferring data from your old iPhone. Depending on how much data you have, it might take a while to complete all of this.
16. Once done, your new iPhone will simply restart, and your older iPhone will show a transfer complete prompt. Don't fiddle or interrupt this process. It will also ask whether you want to erase the data on the older phone.
How to set up your new iPhone Manually
1. Press the side/power button till you see the Apple logo appear on your screen. It will boot up.
2. Swipe up from the bottom and it will open to the language settings page. Select the Language and Region followed by it.
3. It will open the "Quick Start" screen after that. Right at the bottom of your screen, you will find the "Set up Manually" option. Tap on it.
4. You can't set up your new iPhone without an internet connection. Either you can connect to Wi-Fi or use mobile data. Once you have an internet connection, tap Next. The entire setup process will take its depending upon your internet speeds.
5. It will then ask you to set up Face ID. Follow the prompts.
6. After this, you need to create a Passcode. By default, you will have a 6-digit option, but you can change it to a 4-digit, alphanumeric as well as a custom code.
7. The next step is perhaps the most crucial which you can't do after the setup is complete. It will show you the Apps & Data page. You will have 5 options.
- Restore from iCloud Backup
- Restore from Mac or PC
- Transfer directly from iPhone
- Move Data from Android
- Don't transfer Apps & Data
If you don't wish to transfer any data from anywhere then you can simply select the last option. For Android users, this is their only chance of transferring crucial data to the iPhone. iOS users can select from the remaining options. It will be seamless and easy. Depending on a variety of things, it will take a while regardless of what device you are trying to transfer the data from.
8. Once this transfer is complete, it will ask you to sign in your Apple ID. You can do it now or even later. Choose as per your convenience.
9. Then comes the time to set up iMessage and FaceTime. You can do these things later after setting up your iPhone as well. So, you may choose to skip this for now.
10. It will then tell you about Location Services. You can choose to enable or disable this. You can always customise this later based on your preference for each app.
11. Now you will see the option to set up the voice assistant, Siri. Select Voice & other options according to your preferences.
12. Screen Time options will appear next. You can either choose to continue or set it up later.
13. iPhone Analytics permission page will appear after this. You can choose to share your data with Apple or not. Select an option depending on your preference.
14. Some UI features like Appearance options will be asked next. You can select from Light or Dark. You can change this after setting up your phone too.
And you are done. It will show welcome to the iPhone, just swipe from the bottom and your phone is all set up and ready to use.
Disclaimer: This post as well as the layout and design on this website are protected under Indian intellectual property laws, including the Copyright Act, 1957 and the Trade Marks Act, 1999 and is the property of Infiniti Retail Limited (Croma). Using, copying (in full or in part), adapting or altering this post or any other material from Croma’s website is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Croma. For permission to use the content on the Croma’s website, please connect on email@example.com