Cool things you didn't know you could do with your Smart TV
Teach your TV these tricks and impress friends the next time they’re home!
Smart TVs enable your TV to do a lot more than just stream Netflix. With a full-fledged operating system, the ability to connect to the internet as well as other devices and more, there are things your Smart TV can do that you probably never imagined. Here are six such use-cases you can make your TV do.
6 cool things you didn't know you could do with your TV:
1) Mirror your phone/computer: One of the coolest things you can do with your TV actually solves one of the fundamental shortcomings of your phone. If you want to enjoy your phone’s pictures or video on a larger screen, your TV can be handy. Many smart TVs come with this feature, also called screen casting. It allows you to connect your phone and computer wirelessly and view the content of your phone on your TV.
2) A decent karaoke machine: There are plenty of apps and accessories available in the market such as karaoke mics that will let you turn your TV into a karaoke machine. For lyrics, you can even use YouTube and its huge library of karaoke-version of popular songs. This can be a cool fun thing for all those fun weekend house parties.
3) Attend video calls: There are plenty of smart TVs that come with a built-in camera and microphones. All you need to do is download a compatible video calling app from the app store of the TV. Using the TV as a larger video-conferencing tool is easy after that. Once set up, you can now video call on your TV. Even if your TV doesn’t have a webcam built-in, third-party webcams can help you out here.
ALSO READ: What is a Smart TV?
4) Fitness center: If you are into fitness and exercising then you can use your TV to help you exercise. There are many apps to choose from that help you learn new exercises with follow-along videos, while keeping you motivated. For instance, there are plenty of gyming accessories available that can connect to your TV and give your a different experience to working out. For instance, indoor cycling apps and equipment can be connected to a TV for a more immersive feel of cycling inside your living room.
5) Smart speaker: Most smart TVs either have Alexa or Google Assistant built-in, allowing you to control your TV with voice commands. This lets you turn your TV into a smart speaker, except you now also have a display to enjoy videos on instead of stagnant album art. Just remember, your TV is not as portable.
6) Control smart home devices: Given the presence of virtual assistants like Google Assistant and the ability to connect to the Internet, you can control smart home devices using your smart TV. This can be done using the Google Home app and some voice commands. Simply call out to Google Assistant using your remote to begin.
Disclaimer: This post as well as the layout and design on this website are protected under Indian intellectual property laws, including the Copyright Act, 1957 and the Trade Marks Act, 1999 and is the property of Infiniti Retail Limited (Croma). Using, copying (in full or in part), adapting or altering this post or any other material from Croma’s website is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Croma. For permission to use the content on the Croma’s website, please connect on firstname.lastname@example.org