How to reset your mobile phone?
Is it as challenging as it sounds? Let's try to find out
Whether you want to sell your old phone or are simply giving it away, you must clean all your data from the device before doing the needful. This process is also called factory reset or hard reset. It will erase all your data, including photos, videos and app settings within your device.
Before you do this, you may want to take a backup of your existing data on a local storage device like a laptop or a computer or simply upload it to cloud storage. You can back up your photos and videos to Google Drive. For apps such as WhatsApp and Telegram, you may need to make a backup of the chats via the apps themselves.
Steps to reset a mobile phone
Android is famous for its customisability, and since there are so many manufacturers as well as their versions of Android skin, the settings menu can vary slightly from one device to another. Generally, the factory reset options are available inside advanced features or the system menu.
1. Open settings
2. Simply search for "Reset” by tapping on the search bar/icon at the top of the settings menu.
3. From all the results, select factory data reset or factory reset.
4. After that, tap on reset.
5. Depending upon your security option, it will then ask for the passcode, pattern, or fingerprint.
6. After putting in the passcode, select delete all.
7. The process will start, and it may take a while to delete all data and restore your phone to the factory settings.
8. Once done, your phone will boot up again on its own.
Disclaimer: This post as well as the layout and design on this website are protected under Indian intellectual property laws, including the Copyright Act, 1957 and the Trade Marks Act, 1999 and is the property of Infiniti Retail Limited (Croma). Using, copying (in full or in part), adapting or altering this post or any other material from Croma’s website is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Croma. For permission to use the content on the Croma’s website, please connect on firstname.lastname@example.org